The Land Bank May Be Able to Accept Donated Property
The Montgomery County Land Bank accepts the donation of unwanted houses and vacant land under certain circumstances.
Here are the conditions that must be met for the Land Bank to accept your property donation:
- Real estate taxes must be paid in full at the time of donation, unless the Land Bank approves the property for a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure acquisition.
- The title must be clean and marketable.
- The property may not have any judgements, liens or other encumbrances such as mortgages, unpaid utility bills, mechanic’s liens and state or federal income tax liens, among others.
- The property cannot have open code violations, unless the Land Bank determines that demolition of the structure is necessary and funding is available.
- The property must be free of environmental hazards.
The donor will be required to pay a $500 donation fee so the Land Bank can obtain title work to determine if the property is eligible for donation.
The Land Bank reserves the right to decline any property donations.
Interested in exploring a property donation with us? Get in touch and let us discuss your options.
Donations require a Donation Questionnaire, accompanied with the $500 donation fee for title research, to be submitted for consideration.